FLX Fitclub Studio Safety Protocols
We have always worked hard to keep our studio clean and safe. Over the last few years we have increased our efforts to ensure we are always following New York State’s latest regulations, and (more importantly) so that we can provide the safest environment possible for our FLX Fitclub community.
Here are some of the protocols and rules you can expect to see at FLX Fitclub when you come for an in-studio workout:
We clean all common areas (bathrooms, studios and lobby) daily, using products approved by the EPA to destroy the virus causing COVID-19. Bathrooms and high-touch surfaces (such as doorknobs and light switches) are cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day. The entire facility is professionally deep cleaned during the week as well.
Top-grade disinfectant, with electrostatic distribution
We have an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer that sprays evenly, causes the disinfectant to cling to surfaces, and gets into hard-to-reach crevices. We use this with an EPA-approved disinfectant in all common areas daily, with special attention to bikes, weights, and all high-touch surfaces.
Reduced class sizes with social distancing
The floor of the main studio is taped off to give each member a defined space for their workout, with more than 6 feet between stations. This will considerably reduce the number of participants in most classes (compared to pre-pandemic class sizes).
Equipment management and cleaning
For equipment-based classes, we will set up stations with a basic set of equipment before every class. Please take any additional equipment you need before class begins, and avoid touching equipment you do not plan to use. Please do not share equipment with others, and do not return equipment to storage areas while class is in session. We provide EPA-approved cleaning supplies you may use to wipe down equipment after class. If you are unable to clean your equipment, please leave it at your station and we will clean it. We will also be using the electrostatic disinfectant sprayer on equipment at least once per day. There will be additional time between classes to allow for these extra cleaning efforts.
Reservations and check-ins
In order to attend class, you must make a reservation on the website or in the WellnessLiving Achieve app. Everyone must be checked in when entering the facility. You can either check yourself in using your Achieve app, or make sure a FLX staff member has checked you in. We will also do a 1-time check of your vaccination card to make sure everyone in the facility is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To limit disruption and the potential for accidental interpersonal contact, we highly discourage late arrivals.
Outdoor classes will continue
We plan to continue hosting classes in our outdoor space (the back parking lot, aka the Outdoor Annex) as long as weather permits. In case of bad weather, we may choose to move the class indoors. We will always give people the option to cancel if they do not want to work out inside.
Virtual classes will continue
There are lots of good reasons to keep virtual classes going: spaces in live classes will be limited, we know that some people will not be ready to return immediately, and some people just like the convenience of attending class from home. So yes, we will continue offering virtual classes! In some cases, this may be a straight-up virtual class, or you might be taking part in a live-streamed main studio class (along with the in-studio participants) from your home.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our facility: near the front entrance, in the lobby, by all studio entrances and in the bathrooms. Please wash or sanitize hands frequently, especially immediately after entering the studio, before handling equipment and after using the bathroom.
- We have installed MERV-13 filters in our HVAC system per New York State regulations. This type of filter will trap very small particles and prevent them from recirculating through the air. We have purchased a standalone hospital-grade air sanitizer for the cycling studio as well.
- Ventilation (outdoor air circulation) levels into the facility have been increased.
Waitlist and cancellation policies
Waitlists and cancellation policies remain unchanged, but we ask that you pay extra attention to cancelling at least 3 hours before class so other members can use the limited spaces we have available. Unless you are ill, we will no longer be waiving no-show and late cancellation fees. If you miss the cancellation deadline, please contact us via phone or email for a late cancellation.
Personal health and safety precautions
- Per current New York State regulations, as of December 13, 2021 (and until further notice), everyone entering our facility must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means we need to do a 1-time check of your vaccination card (paper or electronic) before you check in for your next class. Please arrive a few minutes early so we can complete the check-in process. You can also email a photo of your card to email@example.com.
- Please stay home if you’re not feeling well, especially if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. These include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, or have been knowingly exposed / come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, do not come to the studio for 10 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
- If we learn that someone who has visited the studio (member or staff) has tested positive for COVID-19, we will work with the Tompkins County Health Department to initiate contact tracing using the check-in information we have on file. In addition, we will close the facility so it can be professionally deep-cleaned before reopening for indoor classes.
We have been inspected by the Tompkins County Health Department to verify that we are meeting or exceeding all the New York State regulations for fitness facilities. As we know by now, the situation with the pandemic is very fluid, so we will continue to monitor and and adjust our rules and protocols as things change. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to new ways of operating. We know it is a lot to take in! So if you have questions or concerns, please reach out.